17 January 2013

Friend In Need

With the new year came some sad news too; another friend of mine found out she was diagnosed with breast cancer. (It seems like every year more & more women I know are either diagnosed or know someone near & dear to them with the disease.)

She shared her news with me last week, and I quickly went through my on-hand supply of card cr8'ions to see what I could send her way before heading into surgery last week.  Thankfully, I had one at-the-ready; however, I soon realized I would need more on-hand for her as she begins her battle against breast cancer!

Among the several cards I cr8'd this weekend, I decided to make one with my friend specifically in mind.  It's not something which "shouts" that she is battling cancer, I simply wanted her to know I am thinking of her & there for her as she goes through this time.
I used a new-to-me stamp set from Taylored Expressions, colored with Copics & added satin ribbon & paper by Glitz Design (Afternoon Muse).
Hopefully, in this picture you can more of the detail I added into the image; using Glossy Accent on "friend" & Spica Glitter Pens on the small flower.
 She's beginning quite a battle, but I know like all the other women whom I have known to be diagnosed with breast cancer... she, too will be a SURVIVOR!

Thanks for stopping by to see my latest cr8'ion!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the bright colors you used for this card! Great details to this simple card! I hope it brings some cheer to your friend during her battle.

    ReplyDelete