15 January 2013

Finally... a Card!

It's hard to believe that it's been nearly 2 months since my last post.  In as much as I tried to prepare myself for the holidays, I always manage to find myself "scrambling" at the last minute to get everything accomplished before December 25th.

Now, even though I might not have posted any cards, it didn't mean I wasn't busy cr8'ing away!  In fact, I made quite a few cards and promise to share them all with you later this week.

For now, I'd like to share a couple of feminine birthday cards I cr8'd this past weekend (in between some awesome American Football games). I was asked to make a birthday card for a friend of my mother's and that spilled over into 2 more cards, because I liked the layout and ideas so much.
This card is very similar to the initial card I'd cr8'd for my mother's friend; a bright, cheerful multi-layered birthday cake... of course, this one is calorie-free!

Here's a close-up of the flower stickers, centered with 2 shades of pink pearls (from Queen & Co.); the sentiment is from There She Goes Stamps & the stickers are from Target.

Decided to make great use of the scrap pieces, & cr8'd this birthday present card.
The bow die is from Sizzix, & in order to cr8 more dimension, I colored the "shadow" parts of the bow using a comparable blue-hued Copic Marker.
The papers are from K & Company - Sweet Nectar line; I've had these paper pads for a long time & never found the inspiration to cr8 with them... until now.

I hope you enjoyed these cards, as much as I liked cr8'ing them.  Next time, I promise the "wait " won't be so long before I share more of my cards.

Happy New Year, & as always... 

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment