09 September 2012

Snow Adorable Boy

This week's MFTWSC has me making another Christmas card - these are quickly becoming my favorite kinds of cards to cr8!  I love Christmas & the entire spirit of that holiday season, so it lend itself to those being my favorite theme for cardmaking.

This is the week's sketch, which I am so in-love with (it's a great sketch):
 ...so keeping the sketch in mind, I pulled out one of my pre-stamped MFT images: Pure Innocence Boy & His Dog Snow Adorable.  Paired the image with papers from the Echo Park Winter Park paper pad.  Used some of the dps for paper-piecing the boy's coat & hat (used plain grey cardstock for paper-piecing the boy's pants).
I also used several of the MFT Die-namics on my cr8'ion too: the snowflake trio dies & the icicle border die. The icicle border was die cut in three different cardstocks: navy blue, light blue & white to cr8 a layered effect to the icicles.  I decided to do the same thing with the snowflakes; using the largest of the snowflake dies & cutting the image in navy & light blue.  I added a light blue button, threaded with lime green twine & placed it in the center of the snowflakes.
You see the paper-piecing of the image better in this close-up photo; I colored very little this time, but still used the Cool Shadow Copic Ciao Marker to cr8 the illusion of a winter's shadow.
I decided to stamp the sentiment from the set on a curve, so as to mimic the shape of the die used for this week's image.  Using the clear stamps, you have that kind of flexibility - subtle as it may seem - to "shape" the stamped sentiment or image.  (I can remember several years back, when clear stamps were the "newest/latest/greatest new-product being introduced.  I gravitated to them immediately, but a certain friend of mine told me the clear stamps would probably not catch on... just goes to show how little he knew!)

Well, thanks for taking a look at this week's card cr8'ion.

(I hope in coming weeks to show off some of the other cards I've made for Christmas, etc.  For right now, time doesn't allow for much more than this post.)

Happy Cr8'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment