02 September 2012

Santa Merry Christmas

I decided to enter into the Challenge for Guest Designer for My Favorite Things. (I simply love this company - as most often I use their stamps for my challenges.)

There was a funny story behind this card cr8'ion.  It was originally suppose to be for the Wednesday Sketch Challenge #86 (I know, it looks nothing like it!).  You see when I started out cr8'ing I had NO idea it was going to be for the Guest Designer Challenge... seriously.  Usually, I work with the sketch image up on on my computer screen; I'll walk around gathering my supplies & items for which I want to use in cr8'ing the card - always keeping the image visible to me as I work.

I get everything together: my stamp sets (Inspired by Christmas & Christmas Ornaments { + the dies}), papers (Echo Park Seasons Greetings), markers (Copic Ciao), etc. I'm working away - thinking how I really like this Christmas card & start thinking it's an ideal card for my brother (who collects Santa stuff) - & am following the sketch with ease. Then, after the card cr8'ion is complete... I look at the sketch image closely & realize it's for the Guest Designer Challenge.  OMG!  Now don't get me wrong I had ALL intentions to enter the designer challenge anyways, but this was a total surprise to me & now had NO card to enter for Challenge #86.  Oopsie.  *blushing*

Either way, happy accident or otherwise... this is a very pretty card.  I used a parchment-like cardstock to stamp the image onto, so as to keep it feeling like an older image.  I colored in only certain parts of the image... leaving the hair & hat elements alone, so to make it feel more like the traditional image of Santa Claus.
 So, here's the card I am entering into this month's Guest Designer Challenge for MFT:


I stamped the image using Dragonfly Black Pigment Ink & then covered the image in clear embossing powder.  Using my heat embosser I enhanced the image by cr8'ing some dimension with the embossing texture.
 Using the ornament dies from the Christmas Ornaments stamp set, I made the ornament to accent the image.  Even used "Jolly" from the stamp set in the center of the ornament.

I really think this card will be a huge hit with my brother this year.  He's a big fan of my cr8've work & always very supportive - the kind of brother EVERY girl should have to bless their life!

It goes without saying - it will be said anyways - how much I love My Favorite Things.  Looking through all my stamps, I noticed that I have A LOT of MFT stamps... I store them in binders & have THREE binders full of stamps just from MFT.  WOW!!  Is there a self-help group for us?!?!?  I don't need help - just another card to cr8.

C-ya next time... & thanks for looking!




Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment