19 August 2012

Call Me... Any Time

This week's sketch for MFTWSC... #85, if you're keeping track... is good, but I must say I was a bit stumped in thinking how I'd cr8 my card. 

Now, I have within recent weeks pre-stamped some images & even did some die-cutting.  With "my" time being less & less as things ramp up at work, I wanted to have some elements already to go so I can still participate in the weekly challenges.  The time I take to participate in the weekly challenges - with My Favorite Things & several other favorite stamp companies - is my refuge, my salvation from the real world & all the stress it can cr8.

That being said, this week I decided to use TWO - yes, that's right I said two - images from MFT's a la modes line of stamps: Hot Cocoa & I Need Some Face Time.  Intrigued?  Take a look at the card I cr8'd & you will see how I incorporated 2 ALM's into this week's sketch.
The image from Hot Cocoa was used to cr8 the image in the phone. I stamped it onto light grey cardstock & paper-pieced the image onto the stamped image from I Need Some Face Time.  I colored both images using an array of blues, greys, & browns from my Copic Ciaos.  The sentiment comes from the ALM I Need Some Face Time stamp set, & it was stamped twice - kinda like a playing card.
 I imagine for this card these friends are on Skype to catch up on "girl talk."  This time around I chose the image(s) first, selected the papers (K & Company papers, K-Ology: Addison), & went from there.  As I work sometimes, the ideas unfold & that's exactly what happened for me on this card. 
I used several MFT Die-Namics on this card too; the Bracket Tab, Monarch Border, & Lead The Way.  I used dark blue (navy) cardstock for the bracket & arrow circle dies.  As I worked on these elements, I kept thinking how can I make them stand out on the card.  Then, as I began to place all the elements together - it hit me... divine inspiration struck & it spoke to me in bling & glitter! 

Given it was a struggle to come up with a card using this week's sketch, I am thrilled with the end result!  It makes me wonder what ever was a struggling with?!?!?  :)

Thanks for taking a look at my latest cr8'ion!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment