05 August 2012

Lady Liberty... MFT Style!

Just a quickie post today, to show my card cr8'ion for the sketch challenge with MFTWSC (#83).  First, take a look at the sketch for the challenge...
Now, here's my card - using PI's Lady Liberty (a new stamp set to my MFT collection):
 Her dress is paper-pieced from the Basic Grey Ambrosia paper pad collection (as are the other papers used this cr8'ion).  Made great use of a few of my other latest MFT purchases: skyline border dies.  I cut the dies several times: once in black & a second time in a scrap piece of light aqua colored cardstock.  The glittered foam star was mounted onto a piece of black cardstock, which I used to cr8 a matting around the shape. I added glitter to the black cardstock around the star, just to make it shine like her torch!
 I colored the image using my Copics, including the paper-pieced dress; even accented parts of her headdress & torch with my Spica Glitter Markers (using clear, yellow & orange). 
Hopefully, you can see from this image more detailed look at the shadowed skyline.  I used the solid skyline to cr8 the look of a shadow by using a like aqua - similar to the color used on her dress.

Well, there it is - my card for MFTWSC's #83 card.  I hope you enjoyed!

Thank for looking!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment