26 July 2012

MFT's Guest Designer August 2012 Challenge

With another month comes another challenge over at the MFT forum on splitcoaststampers.com for  their Guest Designer.  I just think it's the coolest idea that it's open up every month for some lucky (not to mention, very creative) person to be a part of such an amazing group of designers.  *crossing fingers* this month is pour moi! (for me)

Again this month we're asked to follow a (fantastic) sketch, & here it is:
It REALLY is a great sketch & I imagine one which I will use again & again!  But, that being said... and keeping with my Christmas in July theme: here is my card cr8'ion, using MFT's Pure Innocence - Holly Girl.
MFTGUESTDT0812: Miss Holly
 ALL of my papers are scraps, as are the ribbon.  The holly pattern paper was perfect with this image (sometimes it truly pays off to hold onto those scraps of paper)!  It was cut using Spellbinders Labels 15, & mounted onto dark red textured cardstock from Bazzill.
MFTGUESTDT0812: Miss Holly (detail)
 I had so much coloring this image - from the holly branch to her festive holiday attire.  For an added touch of sparkle, I added some Stickles in Holly for her hairpin & dress sash.  The mini fancy bracket tab to her left was also accented with some sparkle: dark red rhinestone gems.
MFTGUESTDT0812: Miss Holly (image detail)
I hope you can see more from this picture the sparkle accents, as well as the coloring details of the image. The darker shades of green & red are a stark contrast to the creme color textured cardstock I used to make the 5 1/2" square card.

Cr8'ing all these festive cards really has me in the Christmas mood/spirit... break out the Christmas music & egg nog!

C-ya next time!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment