24 July 2012

Sending Christmas

Still keeping with my own personal challenge to make Christmas cards for all the challenges I participate in for the month of July - my very own "take" Christmas in July!
So for this week's sketch challenge I took out a MFT Stamp set I haven't used... that is, until now.  Paired with Fancy Pants Winterland papers, I used Sending a Little Christmas stamp set (image & sentiment) to cr8' this week's card.
This is the sketch we're following...
And here's my interpretation of the sketch:
First off, I flipped the sketch on "it's side" in order to better fit the stamped image.  The card itself was put through the Cuttlebug with the swiss dots embossing plate (& then mimicked onto the paper edging the stamped image).  The large button was glued with my hot glue gun (because I finally found it in the craft room - it was previously "lost).  The arrows (die-cut from the new Die-namic set from this month's VIP collection) were cut on the pattern paper & also on some aqua blue cardstock.
The Christmas tree was colored with Copics (as was the entire image) & accented with Stickles in Xmas Red.  The trim on her boots, & hat are white flock which I feel adds another touch of dimension to the card.
You can see the "fur" better in this picture. I even cr8'd a bit of a winter shadow, using Copic Ciao marker in Cool Shadow. Even put a bit of a winter-glow to her cheeks... you know how that cold just add a natural blush to your face during winter days spent outside. (Living in FloriDUH I really miss the colder weather, even the red-rosy cheeks!)

I really liked how this cr8'ion came together.  I'm planning on making another Christmas card for this month's entry into MFT's Guest Designer Challenge too (we'll see...)
Thanks for stopping by & taking a look at today's cr8'ion.

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment