16 July 2012

Be Merry

Made another Christmas card this week for the Wednesday Sketch Challenge over at the MFT forum on splitcoaststampers.com

For this week's sketch I used a la modes candy cane kisses available at My Favorite Things. The image was accompanied by Snowflake Trio Die-namics & Icicle Border Die-namics.  Imagine this, we're already up to sketch #80!  Wow... more than half way through the year too!  Good thing I am starting on my Christmas cards now.

First the sketch...
..and now for my card cr8'ion:
MFTWSC #80 - Be Merry
The papers comes from the Echo Park Paper Pad, Season's Greetings.  This card just needed snowflakes, so in addition to the snowflake dies, I used the Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder.  LOVE the added texture layer the embossing creates.  What is perfect with some snowflakes? Icicles... of course!  I cut the icicles border using three kinds of papers: 2 patterns are from the paper pad & the glitter paper is really a left over glitter card from a DCWV pack I bought several years ago.  (I wasn't all that crazy on using them for an entire card, but kept them to use for die-cutting with accent pieces - & it worked!)
MFTWSC #80 - Be Merry (image detail)

I outlined the die-cut label image with a .05 tipped black ink pen, following the outline of the die & drawing "asterisks" (my idea of snowflakes) onto the points of the die shape.  She was colored with Copics, the matching coat & hat were paper-pieced, while the top of her snow hat was accented with clear Spica Glitter Marker & then covered with Glossy Accent.
MFTWSC #80 - Be Merry (accent detail)
The rows of icicles bring additional dimension to the card, but I furthered that by using 3d foam squares to the top layer of icicles (raised up from the rest of the card, just like the main image).  The corners of the card have red & white rhinestones, to contrast the paper which they sit on.

All in all, this card came out just as I envisioned it.  I love it when it all comes together!

Well, I am certainly on a roll with my plan to make Christmas cards all this month... there's more to come!

Thanks for looking at my latest cr8'ion!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment