26 May 2012

OWH'S Memorial Day Sketch BlogHop

Hello & welcome to my blog.

Once again this year I am participating in OWH's Memorial Day BlogHop.  OWH = Operation Write Home; its an organization who has been providing homemade greeting cards to our soldiers across this great planet, giving them very personal & beautiful ways to keep in touch when writing home to their loved ones.
My father was a Marine in WWII, so I always hold the troops near & dear to my heart.  I love to make cards, but love even more sharing them with the troops & having them send them home to their loved ones. 

It's nearly time for my cards... & before I go further, do you want to start at the beginning of the hop??  Just click on the image below. (Make sure to stop by all the blogs to enjoy everyone's great cards!)
It's a sketch bloghop, so I decided to use a few of my favorite OWH sketches.  First you will see the sketch & then my card which I cr8'd from the sketch's inspiration. 
Sketch #20 is used for the first card I cr8'd.
I flipped Sketch #20 (Supplies used: BG Hopscotch papers, Unity Stamps & Copic Markers.) & did some freehand doodling on the edges of each of the layers of paper.  The stamped image is actually using the second impression, to cr8 a softer look to the image.
i love you the most.
Sketch #12 was used in cr8'ing my 2nd card for today's bloghop.
Happy Birthday Party

In this card I added just a few elements to enhance Sketch #12... drawing from it's inspiration... & cr8'd a birthday card.(Supplies used:  MME's hip-hooray Boy papers, Unity Stamps, Copic Markers, EK Success punch, ribbon, & rhinestone.

Thanks for stopping by on your way through all the great cards in this bloghop!  Enjoy the rest... & enjoy your Memorial Day!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment