04 March 2011

My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch Challenge #9

Another week for the My Favorite Things Sketch Challenge... up to week #9.  I really enjoyed this sketch & figure it will be used again & again in my card-making.
MFTWSC#9 - the starting point
Here's my interpretation of the sketch (even used some embellishments that I haven't used in quite some time):
Brewing Up A Latte Thanks
Supplies used: Stamps: MFT Stamps - Hot Stuff; paper: Cosmo Cricket - Wanted & Hot Hues: craft card/envelope; ink: Copic Markers, Tim Holtz, Distress Ink - old paper, & Inkadinkado Dye Ink Pad, black; flower: Prima Flowers; gems: Stamping Bella Baubles: bronze; cork pads/rounds from the dollar store.


I did some paper piecing on her dress & the rest is colored using Copic Markers.  The piece is then inked using a sponge applicator with Distress Ink - old paper.  It made a nice compliment to the craft paper card & gave it an aged look to it.  I just love using those cork pads on my cards... sometimes it's all about using things which don't seem like the obvious embellishment to a card or paper project.  Not to mention they are so budget friendly! (I picked up a pack of 36 for just $1.)

Hope you enjoy stopping by to see my latest cr8'ion!  I have a great deal of fun creating these cards, & enjoy sharing them with all of you!

Happy Cr8'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment