19 March 2011

MFT Weekly Sketch Challenge #11

Here we are again... time for the My Favorite Things Weekly Sketch Challenge.  And not only did I struggle with time to complete this card, but also with the sketch itself.  Although, I really like the end results.  What do you think?  (But first, here's the sketch design to follow)
MFTWSC #11
Serenity Now - MFTWSC#11 Submission
Serenity Now - MFTWSC#11 Submission (detail)

Supplies used on this card:  stamps:  My Favorite Things (Serenity Now); Copic Markers; Spica Glitter Markers; paper: Prima Marketing Inc. (The Breathe Paper Collection); gemstones: Target Stores (dollar section).

I decided to ink up a stamp set, which I have never used before (even though I have had it for sometime among my collection).  I chuckle each time I read the sentiment, "Serenity Now!"  C'mon... Seinfeld fans - you KNOW that one for sure!  Over 12 years later & I still laugh my you-know-what off anytime I hear "Serenity Now!"  And let's face it... there have been plenty of times when I've uttered the saying myself.

The color combination was something I picked before I'd even selected the images.  They hold true to the colors I see often in Buddhism, specifically in the attire of the Dalai Lama.  Rich golds, deep reds, and often purples are a theme throughout royalty over the ages, or even within religions.

I hope this card brings some serenity to my life right now... the days have been crazy, hectic.  The making of this card was actually a very calming process, & something I really needed to finish off a busy week.  Wishing you all a piece of serenity in your own day, life, etc.!  Namasté!

...Happy Cr8'ing too!

No comments:

Post a Comment