20 March 2011

Bouncing into Spring with Blossoms & Bellas

Working this First Day of Spring on some cards for a few blog challenges.  Penny Black Saturday Challenge & Stamping Bella's Bloggabella

I just cannot get enough of either of these stamping companies!  I went ahead & pre-stamped a great many of their images onto my paper of choice when using my Copic Markers: Strathmore Bristol Smooth, 300 series.  In fact, I went a bit further & organized the stamped images into one of those plastic coupon organizers/dividers that you can often find in the dollar section at say... Target.  (Well, that's where I bought mine a while ago & even though I didn't know quite where or how I would use it... I purchased it anyhow, because I simply knew it was going to come in handy somehow with my cardmaking & scrapbook organization.)  It's a great way to store pre-stamped images, or even the smaller bits of scrap papers that seem to accumulate overnight!

Here are the cards:
The one for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge Blog - Spring is Sprung is the essence of spring to me.  A soft green hue background where swirls of dandelion buds float along a cool spring breeze.  Just floating... flying... okay, okay... I had a moment there where I drifted nearly as far as that dandelion!  The colors were getting me thinking of summer too & specifically: watermelon!  Don'tcha think it looks like shades of watermelon?  *mouth-watering*
Spring is Sprung - Challenge#143 for PB Saturday Challenge
Supplies used for this card: stamps: Penny Black, Inc.; papers: Cosmo Cricket (Storytime: Pixie Dust) & Prima Marketing Inc. (The Breathe Collection); felt flowers: Queen & Co.; pearls: Queen & Co.; ribbon: Offray; Copic Markers & Inkadinkado (black) dye ink pad.

Now for Ms. Bella, using polka dots...  specifically, I used Emmybella in varying hues of French Blue (you know that vibrant blue that men's business shirts are made; you know, the ones with the white cuffs & collars - THAT color!  It makes practically ANY man look distinguished & handsome.)
Emmybella does Polka Dots - Bloggabella Challenge
Supplies used for this card: stamp: Stamping Bella; ribbon: KI Memories; DCWV: textured cardstock; pattern paper: K & Company; rhinestones: Recollections for Michael's Stores; EK Success: scallop dot punch; Copic Markers.

Okay, well now that the "fun" is done... time to get to "work."  I have a few cards that I have been commissioned to make for upcoming birthday celebrations.

Thanks as always for taking a look at my cr8'ions!  Enjoy!

Happy Cr8'ing!

3 comments:

  1. Great cards but I love your Penny black entry so cute.

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous and adorable cards.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jules

    fabulous cards and great image choices, thanks for joining us at PBSC

    Joey x

    ReplyDelete