07 February 2011

Recent Entries for Various Card Challenges

So I have talked about it, but thought I would share the actual greeting cards I made for entries into some challenges with My Favorite Things Clear Stamps and Penny Black, Inc.

This is my very first entry for the MFT WSC that runs on Splitcoaststampers.com; I really had great fun with it.  This little card (MFT WSC #3) received a lot of nice compliments and feedback.  Plus, I learned as I strolled through the gallery looking over other entries that there is a world of cr8've possibilities!   Each week since then I have tried to push myself in terms of trying new ideas, techniques or simply looking at a sketch with a fresh view.  It's also allowed me to really think outside the box, in being truly cr8've because I do not have a lot of the dies and other materials used by other card makers.  My cr8've tendencies have provided me the "Jules way" to approach and get the same or similar results.

It's amazing what you can come up with when you are working on THE strictest of budgets!

MFT WSC#3

MFT WSC#4

MFT WSC #5

Penny Black Blog Sketch Challenge for Feb 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge for Feb 2011

Penny Black Saturday Challenge for Feb 2011
 The last 2 cards (3 images) are Penny Black stamps, but I did not own any.  In my novice challenge experience I posed the question on their Facebook page.  In order to compete in their challenges you must use one of their stamp images.  Fair enough.  Just when I thought I would not be able to participate an "angel" spoke up and offered to send me some of the Penny Black stamped images, so I could compete.  How totally awesome!  A complete stranger was generous enough to stamp some onto paper and send them for me to use, so I could create a card for this sketch challenge.

You see, there are some really nice people out there.  Total strangers who are willing to do kind acts, just for the sake of helping another.  How very cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment