06 February 2011

Challenge Craze!

I'm trying something new in this new year: entering challenges with stamping companies via their blogs or Facebook pages or BOTH!  So far, I've entered into the My Favorite Things (MFT) Weekly Sketch Challenge (WSC) and two Penny Black challenges which I came across through Facebook & their blog.  I wonder why I never did this before..????  Seriously.  You can win prizes from gift certificates to your choice of stamps (offered by sponsoring company).  Woo-hoo!

With each challenge, it's really pushed my cr8've mind and allowed me to expand my frontier in making handmade greeting cards.  And did I mention what GREAT FUN I'm having in the process!  Not to mention, I have "met" some nice fellow crafters.  It's nice to see their works also, because it allows me to see new techniques and really pushes me to think "outside the box."

Now while I haven't won any of these challenges (yet)... I'm certainly not giving up!  I have made a pact with myself to continue entering sketch challenges throughout the calendar year.  Let's face it - I have PLENTY of time on my hands right now; being unemployed can do that to a girl!  Of course, it also doesn't help the crafting/card-making budget either.

No matter... I'm having lots of fun participating!  So if I win - cool beans!  Plus, it helps me add to my crafting supplies without dipping into my pocket... and that works great for me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment