11 February 2011

A Friday Is Still A Friday... Even If It's Raining!

This rainy weather is ideal for staying in & working on a few cards for several more challenges I decided to participate in this week. 

First off, is a challenge from the Operation Write Home Blog.  This will be my first time to do one of their challenges, even though I've long contributed my handmade greeting cards to their cause.  The challenge calls for you to use colors: red, white, blue, and kraft.  This is what I came up with, using one of the digi stamp sets from K 'n K Designs.  This dog, Kolar is so super cute (& I've such a soft spot for dogs - even in stamp form), that it seemed perfect for this challenge.  His fur is even a "krafty" shade of brown... wasn't fully intentional, but it turned out to be a great color for shading.
Red, White, Blue & Kraft OWH Challenge



Supplies used in this card:  kraft cardstock card/envelope; Queen & Co.: felt adhesive border; K 'n K Designs: digi stamp set; Copic Markers; Sakura Gloss & Glitter Gel Pens; ribbon - recycled from shopping bag.

Another challenge for me is my sophomore effort with the Penny Black Blog Challenges.  This week is called "Winter White," where you are to create a card (or other project) where the main element is white.  Now, I could have used the card made for my OWH Challenge; however, you need to use only Penny Black stamps when entering their challenges.  Fair enough... here's my interpretation.
Penny Black Winter White Challenge
Supplies used in this card:  white cardstock/envelope; Penny Black stamp image; Copic Markers; Sakura Gloss & Glitter Gel Pens; ribbon - Michael's.

After all, a Friday is still a Friday... even if it's raining! 
Happy Cr8'ing!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie! I'm so glad you decided to play in our OWH Midweek Throwdown color challenge this week, your card is just fabulous! I hope we'll see you again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that felt star border. nice cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great borders! I've never seen those before. Nice coloring job too.

    ReplyDelete