06 December 2013

Unity's Friends with Flair: Flip Flop

Most are approaching Winter, but here in South Florida there is no such thing.  We have what I like to call "Diet Summer - it's still hot, but not nearly as humid."  Well, at least that's what I wish for each year... barely got a cool spell last year.  I think it may have come in wee small hours of the morning & silly me, I was sleeping through it and missed it! 

Even in these months, what's the choice of shoe:  flip flops.  I think it must seriously be the "official footwear" of this state.  For my Friends with Flair card this week Flip Flop Happy seemed to be the obvious choice. 
The sentiment I used is also from Unity - Bitty Regards.  I went with the "Welcome Home" because home is where ever you place your flip flops, side by side.  Home is where ever your heart resides.  =)
I'm usually a Copic-obsessed nut when it comes to coloring the images, but I decided to throw all caution to the wind & use colored pencils on this image.  Who knew I could cr8 depth just as well with the few tricks of the pencil?!  I'm actually quite please - or is it surprised - with the results. 

The one pair of flip flops is accented with these tiny adorable flower gems I found in the dollar section at my local Super Target.  How perfect are they with the bling flower from a Michael's purchase? 

So, do I have you longing for warmer weather or even a trip to a year-round tropical place like Florida?  Stay warm & keep dreaming of summer!  Thanks for looking at my latest cr8'ion!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment