23 November 2013

Christmas Cards 2013

As I've done in years past, I made Christmas cards for my Mum to send out to her friends, etc.  I struggled a bit on which Christmas stamp(s) I would use, because quite frankly - I have too many!  Wait... is there even such a thing as having too many stamps?  LOL

I finally decided on a few recent acquisitions from Unity Stamp Company and paired it with a layout I had seen in a recent issue of Cardmaker magazine.  (The papers are from K & Company.)
 I liked using black as an accent on a Christmas card - kinda makes it a bit non-traditional, but I really wanted to keep it simple.  The sentiment was such a beautiful thought: "LOVE is what's in the room with you at CHRISTMAS if you stop opening presents and listen."  It's what I love most about the time of the year: the spirit in the air!
I used two different shades of red rhinestones for accenting the mistletoe stamp, & stamped it in Olive pastel chalk ink.  It was just enough *bling* to make this Christmas card special.

When I brought the cards to my Mum, she loved them!  *Phew!*  I was living dangerously, because she doesn't like pink - like mother, like daughter.  Her emphasis fell to the beautiful sentiment, so it wasn't focused on the pink.  Yeah!

Thanks for stopping by... this is the first of holiday cards I will be sharing.  With just mere weeks to go, it's time to get into the Holiday Spirit!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment