08 July 2012

Christmas In July Kick-Off!

I decided to make a challenge for myself this month with ALL my MFTWSC sketch challenges: to make Christmas cards for each of the week's in July. I wanted to get a jump-start on those cards, but I will have to work 7-days-a-week once the holiday season comes around this year (this job really isn't ideal for a holiday-crafter like myself, but a girl's gotta make a real living... well, at least some money - if just to feed my paper-crafting habit).

So using this week's sketch (below)...
I made my cr8'ion using one of the adorable snowmen from MFT's Pure Innocence series of stamps:  Holiday Hugs Snowman.
MFTWSC #79 - Let It Snow
 So, I did this image a bit differently; I used chalk white ink pad and then covered it in clear embossing powder.  It was then heated embossed, so it would stand out on the turquoise cardstock. 
MFTWSC #79 - Let It Snow (image detail)
The snowman was then accented with chalks (white for his body, & black for his top hat); his carrot was colored with a Copic marker - even over the embossed outline (the same was done on his top hat & on the buttons [to match his scarf]).   The scarf was also colored with Copics - matching the colors throughout the Echo Park papers from the Holly Jolly Christmas paper pad.
MFTWSC #79 - Let It Snow (additional image detail)
The immediate area surrounding this adorable snowman was also accented with just hints of blue chalk, to add some depth to the "sky" around him.  His subtle smile & sparkly eyes were accented with the black Copic marker, so they would stand out in this image & the chalk coloring of the rest of the image.

I added 3 different size white pearls to the top & bottom of the sketch; picking up on the pearl centered in the snowflake (used from the Snowflakes Trio die-namics).  Behind the snowflake die, I die-cut one of the banners from the banner die-namics set.

The sentiment is from the MFT's Merry & Bright stamp set... just full of wonderful sentiments for the holidays!  How could I not use "Let it Snow!" 

So for next week's sketch you can expect more holiday cr8'ions!  Stay tuned...

...& thanks for taking a look today!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment