27 February 2012

...Looking Up

I have been a bit under the weather within recent days, but I know cr8'ing cards always makes me feel better.  At the very least, it takes me away - an *escape* during the cr8'ion process.  I decided to throw all my cr8've energy into a card for this week's WSC with MFT over at Splitcoaststampers.

First the sketch, and then my card:
MFTWSC #60 - ...Looking Up

MFTWSC #60 - ...Looking Up (image detail)

MFTWSC #60 - ...Looking Up (additional image detail)
 I was drawn to bright, cheerful colors and patterns - because I feel anything but that way right now!  The papers are from the MME's Lime Twist line, Fly A Kite.  So it naturally seemed to lend itself to my using PI's Aim High.  (Sometimes my process varies: I pick the stamp first & then work to incorporate the other elements; in this case, I selected the paper & went on from there to cr8 this card.)  I paper-pieced her dress & the kite, added scalloped edge to the bottom layer of paper... which was mimicked in the aqua color velour ribbon.  The kite was accented with green twine... which is the only thing keeping it from flying off the card!

Well, I sure hope this card infused some cheerfulness into your day... I know it did mine.  Now... if only I could start to feeling better & be done with this cold!

Thanks for stopping by to see my latest cr8'ion!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment