13 January 2012

You're A Stitch!

Okay, so did this week just zoom past or what?!?!  I feel like I just finished last week's sketch challenge for My Favorite Things and here's another one already rolling up on me!  Wow.  Now I know how each year can pass so quickly.

So here's the sketch for this week's challenge:
Isn't this just a cute sketch?  I loved it and had some fun with it... my mind was running *wild* will all the cr8've possibilities, but I finally decided on using my Sew Nifty Die-Namics set (this is the first time I am using the dies from here, even tho I had this set for a few months now).

MFTWSC #54 - You're A Stitch

MFTWSC #54 - You're A Stitch (image detail)

MFTWSC #54 - You're A Stitch (image detail)
I used some scraps I'd left over from an earlier project (I think the paper is K & Company), open stock kraft cardstock, my swirls embossing plate from Cuttlebug, Aqua twine from The Twinery, and pearls from Queen & Co. 

I am trying to make a "pack" with myself to recycle more of my scraps this year when cr8'ing new projects.  It's a good idea for many reasons, but mainly it struck me upside-the-head this week when I ran across scraps at every turn as I tried to "clean-up" my cr8've area.  Not to mention, it's just simply too expensive to buy "new" all the time and I, like many today, am a girl on a budget!

Thanks for looking... and if I am feeling *brave* I will post pics of my cr8've station once I get it all organized.  (It's a long way off from that!)  =o)

Happy Cr8'ing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jules! Your card is cute!! Love that dressform image & die-namics. Thanks for your sweet comment on my card at splitcoaststampers ;)

    ReplyDelete