08 January 2012

Getting Back on Track

Long time, no blog... eh?  Well, life and the hectic days of the winter holidays got the best of me and my cr8've time.  So in this new year, I am vowing to make time for me... even if I do not get a chance to submit to challenges; I simply want to take time for me to escape and the best way for me to do that is crafting my cards.  It truly is THE BEST way for me to "escape" from the woes of daily life that can sometimes try to squash your cr8've, free-spirited side.

So kicking it off with a sketch challenge from one of my favourite companies: My Favorite Things.  Challenge #53 & starting me off on a personal challenge to surpass the 40 challenges I completed in 2011 with MFT.  (I'm trying to "best" myself by completing at least 42 weeks in 2012... all 52 would be smashing!)

And now here's my cr8'ion... using Meet Emma & Wyatt stamp set with Crate Paper's Neighbourhood Collection 6 x 6 paper pad.

MFTWSC #53 - You Make Me...

MFTWSC #53 - You Make Me... (image detail)

MFTWSC #53 - You Make Me... (inside detail)
2012 is off with a bang... and I'm letting my card cr8'ions follow suit.  To me, this could be used as a Valentine card or an everyday kinda luv-duvy card.  Either way, I just adore how it turned out and it truly matched with what I cr8'd in my mind's eye.  I just love it when a plan comes together!

Happy New Year one and all!  (I'm truly hoping to be back to posting on a more regular basis to share my cr8've works with you all.)

Happy Cr8'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment