02 April 2011

Shabby Saturday

MFT is currently searching for a Guest Designer for the month of May, & has a contest running until April 4th to find a Guest Designer.  (Contest Details) . I thought I'd put my hat into the ring for this contest... I always feel as though I don't have anything to lose, & you'll never know if you don't at least "try."

The design theme is "Shabby Chic."  It's a term I've heard for years, & I sort of have an idea of what it is to look like in its design.  So I went and looked up some images of Shabby Chic online... & I found this picture, which I used for the inspiration in making my card for this contest.
Shabby Chic Inspiration Photo
There is something very quaint, almost ethereal like to a Shabby Chic design.  It quite reminds me of a Bed & Breakfast along the coast.  I used this image to fuel my cr8've process, because it's a theme of card which I have never (knowingly) cr8'd.  However, I was surprised to find out I actually had some design papers from K & Company (that were previously used on another project).  Then, little by little all the elements appeared  as I searched through my drawers of supplies.  It's amazing what you find when you REALLY search!

Here's my cr8'ion:
Shabby Chic - MFTGUESTDT0411

Shabby Chic - MFTGUESTDT0411 (Detail)

Supplies used to cr8 this card:  stamp:  MFT Stamps (Sentimentally About You); paper:  K & Company (Classic K Charlotte); flower:  Making Memories; leaves:  Recollections (Michael's Stores); pearls:  Recollections (Michael's Stores); EK Success: paper punch (scallop border);  frame: EK Success (white bling frame); ribbon:  unknown remnant.

I found it quite remarkable how well all these elements worked together in creating a Shabby Chic card.  It really is a great compliment to the inspiration room photo (above).  Not bad at all for my very 1st attempt... if I do say so myself!

Well, enough playing with papers... time to get out & tend to the "Hunny-Do List."  Enjoy the rest of your day & weekend everyone!  And as always, thanks so much for stopping by to take a look at my cr8'ions.

Happy Cr8'ing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment