01 April 2011

MFTWSC Challenge Time - Baker's Dozen: #13!

All day long I've been thrown off as to "what" day it actually is around here!  From the moment I awoke, I kept thinking "It's Saturday!"  Not yet... but it is Friday, & that's always a good thing too! 

This week's sketch challenge from MFTWSC's is really good (okay, so maybe I say that about all of them).  I can only judge it by the amount of fun I had in cr8'ing this week's card - & boy, did I have fun with it! 
"The Sketch"

My immediate thought turned to the spring season & how I wanted something colorful & vivid.  I have just the perfect MFT stamp set for it:  "Love Birds."

I stamped 2 trees - one in lighter ink, the other in darker ink; I even kept their colors in line with the light/dark image I wanted to cr8.  While it's subtle, you can see that one tree (from it's trunk to it's leaves) is darker or lighter than the other.  The grass is what I was able to cr8 using my Copics - in varying shades of green.  I really wanted the feel of a secret spot in the park or secluded forest for these "Love Birds."  I always associate when season turns to Spring, it's also a time for love as well.

Love/Spring is in the Air - MFTWSC13
Supplies used in cr8'ing this card:  MFT Stamps (Love Birds); Copic Markers; paper: Crate Paper (Restoration Collection); EK Success punches (flower & open scallop border); ribbon (from a VS bag); card/envelope (Michael's Stores); bling: Recollections for Michael's.

Oh & time for a bit of bragging on ME!  Remember this card:
**MFTWSC #12 - Winner!!**
I won for last week's MFTWSC Challenge (#12)!  My very first win - ever - with one of their challenges & I am super stoked over it!  My only "dilemma" - how to spend the gift certificate?  I have so many stamp sets on my "wish list" that I simply don't know how to choose.  Oh well, every crafting girl oughta have such "problems!"

Hope you enjoyed this week's card & see you next week for Challenge #14 (I'm already looking forward to it!)

Happy Cr8'ing!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment