29 April 2011

In Honor of the Royal Wedding

Good day!

With today's Royal Wedding, in less than an hour from beginning, I decided to make two cards with a lovey-dovey theme.  Prince William & (soon-to-be) Princess Kate aren't the only ones in love, but thought I would take this day for a little romantic reflection.  And don't expect the "traditional love" theme here... I opted for colors & designs more off-the-love-radar, so to speak.

The first card is actually for this week's Penny Black Saturday Challenge:  Happily Ever After.  Which allows for not just wedding themed, but love related theme for their challenge this week.  Using little miss Betsy Bluebell, I thought I'd take a chance to add a special message in the balloons she's carrying.  With the help of a alpha stamp set, she's all about love now!
Penny Black Saturday Challenge - Week 148 - Happily Ever After (I <3 U)
Now for my 2nd card... it's actually my 2nd in this week's MFTWSC Sketch Challenge #17.  I was so inspired by today's nuptials, I'd thought I'd have another go using this week's sketch.  Again using non-traditional colors or even images, I went with an unlikely "pearing" of sorts.  LOL
MFTWSC #17 - Quite the Pear
The nuptials are about to begin & wanted to share some of my cards before today's events get away from me.  Wishing Wills & Kate all the best!  May the love they feel for one another today remain within their union for many years to come!  May their marriage be "the stuff" that true fairy tales are modeled by.

Happy Cr8'ing!

1 comment:

  1. sweet card jules.......thanks for joining in the fun at PBSC this week...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete