24 February 2011

MFT WSC #8 - a much-needed piece of calm!

This week's Sketch Challenge from MFT - & yes, it's already week #8 - came in the nick-of-time! 

After the torturous hell I went through for an emergency tooth extraction this past weekend, I needed some calm & serenity.  SERENITY NOW! (Yes, I love "Seinfeld" reruns!)  The problem was even though I was much looking forward to this week's challenge: "the mind was willing but the flesh was weak!"  The aftermath really took me under with all the pain, plus I had great difficulty with getting the right Rx for me.  I came to learn I am allergic to penicillin (just like Dad was), & those side effects are a real doozy!  Made me wonder truly what was worse: the tooth infection or the drugs' side effects?!?!?!?

Over the last 5 weeks it's been a little challenge within the challenge to make myself post my cr8'ion the same day it begins (Wednesday).  However, this week that didn't happen as a result of the little emergency of mine.  I kinda sat & stared at the sketch for quite a while hoping some cr8've spark would knock me over!  After more than a day later... spark hit!  Although, I think this week's effort really isn't "me;" it's rather appropriate because these meds keep me from feeling like myself.  So, here it is... better later, than not at all.

Week #8's Sketch

MFTWSC#8 - My Entry
 Supplies used in this card: stamp: MFT Stamps, Birthday Sentiments; Prima Marketing Inc.: Paper (The Sasha Paper Collection) and flowers; punch: EK Success; ribbon: Bobbin Ribbon, pink/orange; gems: Studio 112; ink: dye ink pad by Inkadinkado & chalk: Pebbles, Inc., lime green.

I'm hoping by the time next week's challenge rolls around I will be back to the real "me."  It still was fun to participate this week, & gave me something to take my mind off the pain for a little bit.

Happy Cr8'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment