30 June 2012

Scrappy Birthday

In the most recent issue of Card Maker Magazine, (page 36 to be exact, for those of you who subscribe or have seen the issue) had a very cheery birthday card.  I really liked the layout and decided it would be the sketch I would use for cr8'ing a card for a co-worker's birthday this week.

 I used papers from the Basic Grey Plumeria Paper Pad; present/gift image is from There She Goes; sentiment is from MFT's Pure Innocence stamp set; Lilac Twine from The Twinery; golden yellow flower from Michael's stores & banner die from Taylored Expressions.
The original article suggested using scrap pieces of papers, but I had wanted to customize this cr8'ion a bit.  My co-worker's favorite color is purple, so I wanted to incorporate the color in as much as I could.  Plumeria papers were perfect for that; I used my Copics to color the present... just adding hints of color, with a strong focus on the ribbon. (uh, reminder to self: don't color the image after you adhere the ribbon flower. [I wound up touching the green ribbon leaf with the marker & while my recipient never noticed it - it annoyed me at my "error."])  I felt the tied twine, accented with the small ribbon rose really brought all the elements together nicely on this card.

My co-worker was THRILLED when she received this card, & "bragged" on it to everyone who came to her desk that day! Her reaction made me smile, because she realized the work that went into that card I cr8'd for her.  The best part was when she came to me later in the day & asked me to make 2 more card for her.  (Yeah, I got an another order!)

Sometimes even a simple gesture of just a card can make a great impression.  I have come to learn this more with my handmade cr8'ions. 

I hope you enjoyed today's card cr8'ion.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment