19 June 2012

MFT Guest Designer Challenge for July

Okay, let me just say... is this sketch not the most adorable... (LOOK)
Instantly, I loved the possibilities I could cr8 using this sketch for MFT's Guest Designer Challenge for July.  Now I'm not one who has worked with banners a great deal, but I am always up to broadening my cr8've horizon!

Mom has asked me to make birthday cards again this year for many of her friends, so she just put in her "order" for those who have birthdays coming up this summer.  (To me, this sketch just lent it self to being appropriate for a birthday.)  Here's my card cr8'ion:

  
MFTGUEST 0712 - Happy Birthday Pam






This paper was speaking to me, & it was begging for some paper-piecing on her birthday dress!
MFTGUEST 0712 - Happy Birthday Pam (banner & image detail)
 I was super-pleased with how well the paper patterns worked on the fishtail banner dies, so I thought it needed something... & the Alpha Dots seemed to work perfectly.  (I really like those dots, & need to use them more often in my projects.)
MFTGUEST 0712 - Happy Birthday Pam (banner detail)
Added some more bling to the banner, & even slightly curled the banner a bit - to cr8 a "wavy" effect to it.

For this card I used the following supplies:  Copic Markers, Spellbinders Labels 11, Cuttlebug dots embossing folder, MME's Hip Hip Hooray Girl paper pad, large rhinestones from Joann's,Taylored Expressions banner die, & MFT's PI Cause for Celebration, Alpha Dots (used to spell "PAM" on the banner), Make the Date (Happy Birthday sentiment), & Die-namics Fishtail Banner. 

So, there's my card... cr8'd specifically for the Guest Designer Challenge this month (*crossing fingers*).  It would be so totally cool to be a guest designer for MFT - they are my absolute favorite company & always the online store I turn to when I need to expand my collection of stamps & dies. 

Thanks for looking... I hope in July I can share with you that I am THE Guest Designer for July with MFT!  *still crossing fingers*  :)

Happy Cr8'ing!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment