07 July 2011

You're A Racket!

Week #27 of My Favorite Things' Sketch Challenge... & boy, did I need this time to just sit, & be "lost" in my card cr8'ions! Nothing restores my mind and soul quite like some "Me Time" - crafting some cards.

Using one of the newer releases of a la modes from MFT, I've Met My Match for this week's card.  First, here's the sketch to follow:
Week #27's Sketch
MFTWSC #27 - You're A Racket!
MFTWSC #27 - You're A Racket! (image detail)

MFTWSC #27 - You're A Racket! (accents detail)
My card gave me another opportunity to work with my Cuttlebug and a few of the Spellbinders die sets; the more I use/learn of the die-cutting, the more I am really enjoying it and all the possibilities it can present to any of my cr8'ions! 

This was my first time using the Die-namics & making the "rolled flowers."  Certainly will need to take some time to "play" with that element more and how to perfect it for my card cr8'ions.  I did ink up the edges of the flowers, so as to make it stand out from the white background; the flower centers are metal embellishments which I colored using my Copic Markers, so they would better match the card's color palette. (All the papers are from Basic Grey's Out of Print Paper Pad; the newsprint paper leaves are from Recollections for Michael's Stores.)

Thanks for taking a look once again this week for the MFTWSC!  Hope to see you next week!

Happy Cr8'ing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the soft colors you used on this!!! But that's not the only reason I'm here... You WON for the Digi Design House blog hop! Email me at michelle at wannastamp dot com with the DDH set of your choice (www.digidesignhouse.com). Yes, the ones the DT peaked are up for grabs, too! CONGRATS!!

    ReplyDelete