01 July 2011

Take Me Away...

Hello there & Happy Friday!  It's doubly-great as it's also an extended weekend, thanks to the Independence Day Holiday!

Participating in another MFTWSC Sketch Challenge; it's up to week #26 already!  Which means, literally half the year is already behind us. (I'm still trying to figure out where the month of June went - it literally buzzed past me!)  I'm also using this card for entrant into the July Guest Designer Challenge too ("Touch of Texture").

So here's the sketch I was to follow:
This week's sketch challenge.
Now with some of my recent "Birthday Monies" I purchased MFT's Up, Up & Away stamp set.  I had my "eye" on this set for sometime, as it reminds me of home: New Mexico. (New Mexico is home to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, which hosts the largest number of hot air balloons each year for the last nearly 40 years in October.)  So, here is my card for Week #26's Sketch Challenge:
MFTWSC #26 - Take Me Away...

MFTWSC #26 - Take Me Away... (dimensional detail)

MFTWSC #26 - Take Me Away... (inside detail)
I went wild with my distressing tool - taking it to all the papers' edges.  The dimension and texture was not only added with use of the 3D foam dots, it also came with using my Cuttlebug swirls embossing folder, heat embossing the balloons, and placement of the clouds (die cut using my new Die-namics) in front of and behind the balloon images.  The papers are from Prima Marketing's Fairy Flora Paper Pad, because of their ability to mimic the watercolor skies that glow in the New Mexico skies.

I am really pleased at how this card turned out, makes me a bit nostalgic too... in a very good way!  Glad you took some time in your day to view my latest cr8'ion.  Thanks for looking and hope you will stop by again, real soon!

Happy Cr8'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment