07 May 2011

National Scrapbooking Day - 2011

Today being National Scrapbooking Day AND... the day before Mother's Day, I thought I would take a moment to do something other than my usual card cr8'ions.  In fact, it's not often these days I do a scrapbook project and this is as close as I will get to one for quite some time.

For Mom this year, I decided to make a little "scrapbook of Momisms," a.k.a.  Mother's Wisdom or Quotes.  You know those sayings which moms have been saying for generations like... "Leave well enough alone."   The idea actually came to me while I was rummaging through my scrapping/craft supplies as I came across a bag full of little bits of paper in which many of those such sayings were pre-printed.  I decided to actually sit, look through each and every bit of paper.  Among them I began to see many of the quotes my very Mother had told me over the years.  Then, like a bolt of cr8've lightning - the idea came to me: make a book full of those quotes and wisdom Mom imparted to me from my youth until now.
 
From that idea came this book; I made it even more personal by having the opening page with a little passage I wrote to Mom.  It's a small 6 X 6" window book, with 10 pages and all the papers, embellishments, etc were from supplies I already had on hand. (See, it DOES pay to "stock up" on supplies when you see them on sale or clearance.)  It was a relatively simple project that I completed in one day.

Below are photos of the outside of the book, as well as a few of the inner pages I cr8'd for her.
Mother Knows Best - A collection of quotes 
Dragonfly pages

Butterfly pages

Rose pages

Bright Flowers page (& inside back cover)
We're celebrating Mother's Day today, instead of Sunday, by spending the evening with Mom for dinner, etc..  Nothing fancy, but time spent together and that is often ALL Mom ever asks for on such days.  I am certain she will enjoy this book I made for her.  In fact, I just received a call from her to say she received the "beautiful flowers" we sent her.  Yeah!

I want to take this time to wish all the mothers out there a very Happy Mother's Day & weekend!  Enjoy!

Happy Cr8'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment